Welcome to ART!
My name is Catherine Dawson. I am starting my 15th year of teaching Art at Tomball High School, and teach Art 1, Art 2 Drawing, Art 3 PAP Drawing, and AP Drawing. I graduated from Texas State University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art, with a concentration in Painting.
I believe that the visual arts education is an integral part of a student's complete education, and my role in the process is to provide a platform for my students to engage in original thinking, visual problem solving, and cultural and social respect and awareness. Through art, students will challenge their imaginations, foster critical thinking, collaborate with others and build reflective skills.
WHY TAKE ART??
Ms. Dawson's 2017-2018 Schedule:
- Art leads to civic engagement and lifelong arts participation.
- Art gives students a voice in learning and telling their stories.
- Art develops empathy, kindness, and cross cultural understanding.
- Art strengthens students’ ability to collaborate and problem solve.
- Art encourages risk taking and flexibility.
- Art nurtures hope and resiliency.
- Art develops in-demand employees with high career goals.
- Art builds creative, innovative students who can think outside the box.
- Art cultivates tomorrow’s leaders.
- Students who have arts are more likely to pursue and succeed at post-secondary education.
- Students who have arts consistently test higher in math and reading
- Students who have arts have significantly better attendance rates.
- Students who have arts are more engaged and motivated.
1st Period -
2nd Period -
3rd Period -
4th Period -
5th Period -
6th Period -
7th Period -
Be sure to also follow us on Twitter (@art_ths) to see what's going on in the Art Department and get updates on student achievements throughout the year!