Scholarship opportunity for high school seniors pursuing a career in offshore oil and gas
The Junior Achievement/Offshore Technology Conference Scholarship Program is awarding eight $10,000 scholarships to students planning to work in the offshore oil and gas industry at any post-secondary education, including certificate programs, community colleges, universities, or technical education. The deadline for Houston-area high school seniors to apply is Oct. 7.
- Student must be a high school senior in the Houston-area during the 2016-2017 school year
- Student plans to seek further education at a post-secondary education institution in the United States to pursue a job in the offshore oil and gas industry
- Student’s education plans have been challenged due to financial issues caused by the downturn in the industry
How to apply
- Download and complete the application (see attached document), and obtain required letters of recommendation
- Submit the application to JA on or before 5 p.m. Oct. 7. All applications must be received by this deadline to be considered.
- Visit the Junior Achievement website for more information at https://www.juniorachievement.org/web/ja-set/
Scholarship winners will be selected* on or before Nov. 1. All scholarships will be paid directly to the school in the name of the awardee upon proof of admission.
About Junior Achievement
For almost 75 years, the purpose of the Junior Achievement of Southeast Texas has been to educate and inspire young people to value free enterprise and understand business and economics to improve the quality of their lives. Junior Achievement is a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization dedicated to the workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy of students in kindergarten through grade 12. Baker Hughes is a proud supporter of Junior Achievement and its purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
**This information is also posted in the Naviance website on the Colleges Tab under the Scholarship List.