Local Tomball Scholarships for Seniors
Step 1 - Determine What You’re Applying For
- Review the Local Tomball Scholarship Listings Quick Reference Guide table below to determine which scholarships you’re eligible for.
- Click on the scholarship name, which will link you to the detailed description, required items to apply, deadline, and submission instructions. You can print the description page to serve as a checklist for you.
Local Tomball Scholarship Listing Quick Reference Guide
(click for detailed/printable instructions)
|Abandoned Animal Rescue Scholarship||For students who have volunteered at the AAR shelter or served in their community||Two $1,500||April 17, 2020|
|Aggie Whitaker Scholarship
||Must be accepted and plan to attend Texas A&M University, based on academics, involvement, and financial need||Three $1,500||April 17, 2020|
|Creekside Forest Elementary School Scholarship
||Must have attended Creekside Forest Elementary all years OR at least your last year of elementary||Two $500||April 17, 2020|
|Edward Monzingo Memorial Scholarship
||Attending 2 or 4 year, majoring in the field of education||$1,000||April 17, 2020|
|Fred Haas Toyota World & Fred Haas Toyota Country Scholarship
||Attending 2 or 4 year college/university, based on leadership, need, academics, extracurricular
USES OWN APPLICATION
|$2,000||April 17, 2020|
|Houston Poly Bag Scholarship
||Attending 2 or 4 year college/university, based on financial need, strong academic background, and citizenship||Three $4,000||April 17, 2020|
|Lone Star College Board of Trustees Scholarship
||Must attend LSC, Tomball campus. Given to one male and one female||Two awarded - one year of tuition and fees||April 17, 2020|
|Mary Wilkinson Roach Memorial Scholarship
||Attending Lone Star College, any campus||Five $1,000||April 17, 2020|
|Michele Harmon Team Scholarship
||Students planning to attend a two or four year college/university, and a good citizen at THS demonstrating good citizenship, involvement, and good academic standing.||One $1,500||April 17, 2020|
|Texas Gulf Coast Maintenance and Operations Scholarship
||Students attending a 2 or 4 year college/university and studying in a field related to maintenance and operations such as engineering, architecture, business, education, etc.
USES OWN APPLICATION - must be emailed to scholarship donor
|$1,000||April 17, 2020|
|The Howard Hughes Corporation Scholarship
||Must rank in to 25% of class and attending a 4 year college/university, based on academics, community service, and financial need||Four $500||April 17, 2020|
|Tomball Athletic Booster Club Scholarship||Must be a student athlete, athletic trainer or manager. Student's family must be a TABC member. Please see link for more details||varies||April 15, 2020|
|Tomball Business and Professional Women's Association Scholarship
||Must be a SENIOR GIRL pursuing a education in a professional career, based on need, academics, character, leadership, and community service||Several $1,000||April 17, 2020|
|Tomball Chapter #838 of the Eastern Star
||Student attending a tech and trade school or associate degree scholarship (NOT intended for students applying to a 4 year university)||One $600||April 17, 2020|
|Tomball Educational Support Staff Association Scholarship (TESSA)
||Attending 2 or 4 year college/university, based on academics, involvement, and financial need
USES OWN APPLICATION - EMAIL SUBMISSION
|varies||April 17, 2020|
|Tomball High School Cheer Booster Club Scholarship
||Tomball HS Cheer Booster Club will awards scholarships to eligible members involved in school cheer programs. Funds can be awarded to graduating senior cheerleaders, mascots, or managers.
USES OWN APPLICATION
|varies||Must be mailed AND RECEIVED or delivered by MARCH 6, 2020|
|Tomball High School Class of 2009 Scholarship
||Must attend a two or four year college/university in the fall, have a 2.5 GPA or higher (C+ average), and demonstrate financial need.||varies||April 17, 2020|
|Tomball High School NHS Scholarship
||Must be a member of NHS and in good standing, based on extracurricular, and financial need||One $500
|April 17, 2020|
|Tomball Professional Educators Scholarship (ATPE)
||Must plan to major in the field of education||$500||April 17, 2020|
|Tomball Scholarship Foundation Scholarship
||Must plan to attend LSC (any campus)||Eight awarded - full year of tuition (not fees)||April 17, 2020|
|Walter "Bubba" Grymes Memorial Scholarship
||Students must demonstrate financial need, have a 3.0 GPA or higher, and take at least 12 college hours per semester.||One $4,000||April 17, 2020|
- (As of 3/3/2020) The majority of the scholarships use the TISD Local Scholarship Application, which is now an online form.
- You will only need to complete ONE FORM for scholarships that use the TISD Local Scholarship Application. There are just a few scholarships that use their own applications
- Listed below is also a link to a printable paper version of the TISD Local Scholarship Application if you prefer this version. You will need to print, complete, scan and email the application form to Mrs. Nichols at email@example.com.
- The online form is the preferred method of submission.
- Please note: If you have already completed any scholarship applications prior to the new online version, PLEASE EMAIL this to Mrs. Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you apply to any additional scholarships, you will use the new online form.
- NEW ONLINE TISD LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM: Click here to access the online TISD Scholarship Application Form
Local Scholarships Who Use Their Own Application
*Links to applications below list
- Fred Haas Toyota World and Fred Haas Toyota Country Scholarship
- Texas Gulf Coast Maintenance and Operations Scholarship (DATE CHANGE FROM PDF LINK BELOW - NEW deadline is April 17, 2020)
- Tomball Educational Support Staff Association Scholarship - updated submission requirement
- Tomball High School Cheer Booster Club
- Tomball Athletic Booster Club Scholarship (TABC) - APPLICATION IN LINK LOCATED IN TABLE ABOVE
Step 3 - Resume/Extracurricular & Volunteer Services
- This section is now included on the online TISD Local Scholarship Application.
- Only use the printable version below if you used the printable application, and submit using the same instructions.
Step 4 - Transcripts
- If any scholarships require you to submit a transcript, please request at the link below. On the order form, you will request "self" and will be emailed a PDF version of your transcript to submit.
- Please follow submission instructions for each scholarship.
- If you are emailing a transcript to Mrs. Nichols, please only email one. email@example.com
- Click here to request transcript
Step 5 - Financial Information
- Many scholarships may require Financial Information. You’ll probably need to print page ONE of your SAR report that was emailed to you after you completed your FAFSA. Print ONLY page ONE please that shows your EFC. (Instruction link below with more details) Complete the FAFSA4caster if you have not filed your FAFSA, again see the link below for the instructions.
- Use your checklist to determine how many copies of page one of the SAR you’ll need.
Step 6: Confidential Student Evaluation Forms
- Please copy and send the link below to the teacher(s) you wish to complete the Confidential Student Evaluation Form.
- Copy this link: https://forms.gle/rht5a59s4eoQQDaPA
- Once the teacher completes the form for you, it will automatically be submitted. It will not be sent to the student.
- If you already have a letter of recommendation from a teacher, you may use this option. Please email these to Mrs. Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you contact your teacher to request the Confidential Student Evaluation form it’s helpful for teachers to have a Student Brag Sheet. Below is a link to the Student Brag Sheet (fillable and nonfillable available)
Step 8: Submit Applications
- The majority of the applications are due on Friday, April 17th by 3:00 pm.
- Once you complete the online application, it will be automatically submitted for you.
- Confidential Student Evaluation forms will be submitted automatically from your teachers.
- If you have any of the items listed below separate from the online forms, please submit to email@example.com
- Applications completed prior to the online application
- Letter of recommendation(s) (not a Confidential Evaluation Form)
- x2VOL transcript
- Financial Information (Page one of SAR from FAFSA or FAFSA4caster)
- PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK THE DUE DATE AND SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Scholarship Recipient Announcements
Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Senior Awards & Scholarship Ceremony practice on May 15th. The Senior Awards & Scholarship Ceremony is by invitation only on May 20th. Students will receive invitations in early May.