Local Tomball Scholarships for Seniors
Local Tomball Scholarships for Seniors
Local Tomball Scholarships are now ready for you to begin completing your applications! Please see the helpful tips below to help you in completing your applications. Make sure you adhere to the deadlines. You're welcome submit your applications as soon as they are completed. They do not all have to be submitted at one time. Please see Mrs. Nichols if you have any questions or need assistance.
**Please READ this section**
Helpful Tips & Instructions
- Read through the table of scholarships at the bottom of this page and make note of which scholarships you are eligible for.
- Click on the scholarship name to print detailed instructions which also contains a checklist of required items for you.
- Many scholarships will use the same TISD Local Scholarship application forms. Please take note of this on the printable details/checklist. The TISD Local Scholarship application forms are fillable. Make sure to read the directions carefully on each form. Below this Helpful Tips section are the links to the TISD Local Scholarship Application forms.
- Some of the scholarships will use their OWN scholarship application. Below is the list of those that use their own application, and links to their applications are posted under this Helpful Tips section for you to print and complete.
- Resume - Some applications require you to submit the Extracurricular & Volunteer Information sections. You may complete this fillable document OR submit your own resume.
- Confidential Teacher Evaluation Forms - Some applications require either a letter of recommendation OR the Confidential Teacher Evaluation Forms.
- The Confidential Teacher Evaluation Form has been emailed to the THS staff, and is a fillable document. The teacher will return this to you in a sealed envelope. Please submit the form in the sealed document with your name on it. Below this Helpful Tips section is a link to a printable Teacher Confidential Evaluation Form that can be completed by hand.
- If you would prefer to request a letter of recommendation, you will need to submit a Student Brag Sheet to your teacher. Below you will find the Student Brag Sheet attachment to print, complete, and submit to your teacher. If your teacher already has a letter of recommendation for you, you may submit this in a sealed envelope with your name on it.
- Transcripts - Not all applications will require a transcript. If an official transcript is required, please request the paper copy from the front desk no later than March 18th to ensure that you receive your official transcript on time. If you need an unofficial transcript, please see Mrs. Nichols.
- Pay close attention to the deadlines. Several vary from the main deadline of March 23, 2020. The majority will be submitted to Mrs. Nichols. Pay close attention as some must be submitted directly to the scholarship donor, which will be indicated on the printable instructions (link on scholarship name at table below).
TISD Local Scholarship Application Fillable Forms
*Not all applications will use these forms, please pay close attention to the scholarship instructions.
TISD Local Scholarship Application Non-fillable Forms
The form below includes the Personal & Academic Information and Extracurricular & Volunteer sections.
*For the Financial Information section, please use the form from the section above.
Scholarships that use their OWN application forms
*Links to applications below
Fred Haas Toyota World and Fred Haas Toyota Country Scholarship
Texas Gulf Coast Maintenance and Operations Scholarship
Tomball Educational Support Staff Association Scholarship
Tomball High School Cheer Booster Club Scholarship
*Tomball Athletic Booster Club Scholarship (TABC) - COMING SOON!!
Confidential Teacher Evaluation Forms
Non-fillable version below if teacher cannot locate the emailed fillable version
Student Brag Sheet
Please submit a student brag sheet to your teacher you are requesting a letter of recommendation from.
There are fillable and non-fillable options for you.
Local Tomball Scholarship Listings
Below are the 2020 Local Tomball Scholarships with a quick description, award amount, and deadline. Click on the scholarship name to print the detailed scholarship information page.
(click for detailed/printable instructions)
|Abandoned Animal Rescue Scholarship||For students who have volunteered at the AAR shelter or served in their community||Two $1,500||March 23, 2020|
|Aggie Whitaker Scholarship
||Must be accepted and plan to attend Texas A&M University, based on academics, involvement, and financial need||Three $1,500||March 23, 2020|
|Creekside Forest Elementary School Scholarship
||Must have attended Creekside Forest Elementary all years OR at least your last year of elementary||Two $500||March 23, 2020|
|Edward Monzingo Memorial Scholarship
||Attending 2 or 4 year, majoring in the field of education||$1,000||March 23, 2020|
|Fred Haas Toyota World & Fred Haas Toyota Country Scholarship
||Attending 2 or 4 year college/university, based on leadership, need, academics, extracurricular||$2,000||March 23, 2020|
|Houston Poly Bag Scholarship
||Attending 2 or 4 year college/university, based on financial need, strong academic background, and citizenship||Three $4,000||March 23, 2020|
|Lone Star College Board of Trustees Scholarship
||Must attend LSC, Tomball campus. Given to one male and one female||Two awarded - one year of tuition and fees||March 23, 2020|
|Mary Wilkinson Roach Memorial Scholarship
||Attending Lone Star College, any campus||Five $1,000||March 23, 2020|
|Texas Gulf Coast Maintenance and Operations Scholarship
||Students attending a 2 or 4 year college/university and studying in a field related to mainenance and operations such as engineering, architecture, business, education, etc.||$1,000||March 23, 2020
EMAILED - see instructions
|The Howard Hughes Corporation Scholarship
||Must rank in to 25% of class and attending a 4 year college/university, based on academics, community service, and financial need||Four $500||March 23, 2020|
|Tomball Athletic Booster Club Scholarship||Details coming soon||TBA|
|Tomball Business and Professional Women's Association Scholarship
||Must be a SENIOR GIRL pursuing a education in a professional career, based on need, academics, character, leadership, and community service||Several $1,000||March 31, 2020|
|Tomball Chapter #838 of the Eastern Star||Details coming soon - tech and trade school or associate degree scholarship (Not 4 year univ)||TBA|
|Tomball Educational Support Staff Association Scholarship (TESSA)
||Attending 2 or 4 year college/university, based on academics, involvement, and financial need||varies||March 23, 2020|
|Tomball High School Cheer Booster Club Scholarship
||Tomball HS Cheer Booster Club will awards scholarships to eligible members involved in school cheer programs. Funds can be awarded to graduating senior cheerleaders, mascots, or managers.||varies||Must be mailed AND RECEIVED or delivered by MARCH 6, 2020|
|Tomball High School Class of 2009 Scholarship
||Must attend a two or four year college/university in the fall, have a 2.5 GPA or higher (C+ average), and demonstrate financial need.||varies||March 23, 2020|
|Tomball High School NHS Scholarship
||Must be a member of NHS and in good standing, based on extracurricular, and financial need||One $500
|March 23, 2020|
|Tomball Professional Educators Scholarship (ATPE)
||Must plan to major in the field of education||$500||March 23, 2020|
|Tomball Scholarship Foundation Scholarship
||Must plan to attend LSC (any campus)||Eight awarded - full year of tuition (not fees)||March 23, 2020|
|Walter "Bubba" Grymes Memorial Scholarship||Details coming soon||TBA|