What is the Posse Foundation?
Posse was founded in 1989 under the philosophy that a student wouldn’t drop out of college if they had their “posse” with them.
This philosophy formed the Posse Foundation which serves extraordinary academic students with leadership skills who may be potentially overlooked by the traditional college selection process. Posse helps their selected students to grow personally and academically in a supportive, multicultural team of 10 students.
Posse partners with colleges and universities which award Posse Scholars four-year, full-tuition leadership scholarships.
Posse Scholars are also a part of a Career Program that give the students the tools and opportunities needed to secure the most competitive and career-enhancing internships and jobs.
3 Core Components to the Career Program:
- Internship Program
- Career Services
- Alumni Network
Bryn Mawr College
Texas A&M University
University of Virginia
- Located in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Undergraduate Population: 1,300
- Dedicated to high academic standards, women’s empowerment, and preparing students for leadership roles in a global community
- Located in Northfield Minnesota
- Undergraduate Population: 2,042
- Private, coeducational, residential liberal arts college offering 33 majors and more than 1,000 courses. Ten percent of the students are the first generation of their families to attend college.
- Located in Waterville, Maine
- Undergraduate Population: 1,820
- One of the country’s oldest independent liberal arts colleges. National leader in research and project-based undergraduate learning. One of the only four carbon-neutral colleges in the country. They offer small classes and close collaboration with professors.
- Located in College Station, Texas
- Undergraduate Population: 47,500
- Among the top public research universities in the country, rated second in the nation among public institutions at a great price. Best known for it’s Aggie spirit, rich traditions, core values, and culture of excellence.
- Only STEM majors offered to Posse
- Located in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Undergraduate Population: 15,000
- Distinctive among the higher education institutions. Founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819. Seven undergraduate schools, and students work with cutting edge research. The university sustains the ideal of developing, through education, civic-minded, ethical leaders who are well prepared to help shape the future of the nation and the world.
- Complete the Potential Posse Scholar Questionnaire (Click here for to apply)
- A THS committee will nominate 2 students to move forward into the Posse Scholar selection process. Posse Houston will take it from there.
- 3 rounds of interviews (nominees all complete 1st round, 2nd and 3rd rounds are by selection, and not all will make it)
- 1st - Group Interview/Activities
- 2nd - Formal interview with Posse Staff (need to specify which Posse partner colleges you like)
- Family Meeting between 2nd & 3rd interviews with selected students - students can say yes or no at this point
- 3rd - small group interviews with university partners (final selection then made by university partners)
- Selected Posse Scholars are placed at one of the 5 schools with a team of 10
- Posse Scholars then meet weekly (Jan - Aug) in the Posse Houston office
If you are selected as a Posse Scholar, there will be a weekly Posse Scholar meeting from January to August with the Posse Houston Staff. (located in the Posse Houston office in downtown Houston)
Posse Scholars are fully supported in preparation for their college experience during their senior year, and as they prepare to head off to college.
If you’re interested, please complete the Potential Posse Scholar Nominee Questionnaire. (Links will be posted below in May 2020)
DUE date TBA
Check out the Posse Foundation Website!