NEW FAFSA/TASFA Graduation Requirement
In accordance with Texas Education Code (TEC), §28.0256, beginning with students enrolled in 12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year, each student must do one of the following in order to graduate:
- Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Complete and submit a Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA); or
- Submit a signed opt-out form.
In Student Link, students will be able to submit proof of FAFSA/TASFA completion or complete an Opt-Out form. Click HERE for instructions to access Student Link.
For FAFSA, students will need to provide their confirmation number and proof submission such as of:
- Copy of FAFSA confirmation page (must include full name of students and “processed successfully”) or email
- Acknowledgement of receipt from an IHE (Institution of Higher Education)
- Copy of signature page
For TASFA, you can submit:
- Screenshot of TASFA submission acknowledgement page (from those institutions that offer an electronic form)
- Copy of TASFA signature page
For parents wanting their student to opt-out, the student will need to login to Student Link, and the parent must read and confirm the acknowledgement statements.
If you need additional information or resources on FAFSA or TASFA, click HERE.