Welcome to the THS College & Career Center page! My name is Emily Nichols, the College and Career Counselor for THS. I have been in Tomball ISD since 2007, and began my career in education in 1999. I graduated from Sam Houston State University with a BA in Fashion Merchandising, and a minor in Business. In 2004 I received my Masters of Education in School Counseling from Sam Houston State University.
I am here to meet your students college and career needs. Students are always welcome in Cougar Corner (College & Career Center). Parents may simply contact me and schedule an appointment. I work with all grade levels in different areas of college and career readiness throughout each year. Many events will be held each year for students to learn more about post high school options, careers, financial aid, and much more. Make sure you check out the many resources I have posted for you. The Links section is organized by area of interest with many helpful links for students and parents.
I am the Dual Credit Coordinator for our campus. You will find helpful information on Dual Credit for our campus. We partner with Lone Star College, Tomball. Our LSC Dual Credit Advisors are Latoya Lewis, Katerina Wingfield, and Donna Fitzpatrick.
We also work closely with our Lone Star College, College Connections Advisor, Heidi Ewing. Heidi comes to THS several times a month, and works with our students interested in attending Lone Star College after graduation.
Please keep checking back on the Important Event Dates section and watch for many important announcements and event dates being posted!
Naviance - PASSWORD CHANGE UPDATE
Naviance Login Update
Naviance has changed the student password requirements, and students can now set their own password. Students will be prompted to set up the new password when they log in. All student accounts now have their TISD student email imported into Naviance. Students will be prompted to use this email to receive a temporary password, then they will enter their new password.
We ask that students update the email with their personal email. Please DO NOT use the parent email for this update, as the parent email is ALREADY in the system. Using the student’s personal email will ensure they receive important information and updates from THS.
Steps to Log Into Naviance
- Go to www.tinyurl.com/thsnaviance or www.student.naviance.com/tomballhs
- Enter your previous login information. Your username has not and will not change.
Username - Student ID
Password - tisd + date of birth (ex. April 6, 2001 - tisd04062001)
- You will be prompted to check your email (school email JUNK/SPAM folder) with instructions and a temporary password. The email title will be Naviance Student Account Information.
- Log into Naviance with your username (hasn’t changed), and temporary password.
- You will be immediately prompted to change your password.
- Log into Naviance with your username and new password.
- Update your email: Click on the About Me tab, then click on My Account.
- In the Contact section, click the pencil icon to edit the email. Change your school email to your personal email. Click save.
Thank you for updating your Naviance account!
College Board (SAT) - Register for the SAT, use the College Board Big Future for college & career searches, scholarships & more
ACT - Register for the ACT
Khan Academy - Free online tutoring for your academic courses, SAT/ACT, and more!
THS Testing Center Resources - Prep Step and TERC