SAT & ACT Dates and Becoming Academically Ready for College (Test Prep & More)
2020-2021 SAT Test Dates
2021-2022 SAT Dates & Information
THS School Code 447043
**If you qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch, you may receive two testing fee waivers. Qualified students will see the waivers already loaded to your College Board account. Questions? Please contact Mrs. Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org **
To register, create a College Board account or login: https://www.collegeboard.org/
*During registration, you will be able to select your testing site. THS is available most dates, but please watch the College Board website for any changes.
SAT fee $55
Late fee $30 Date/Test Center Change Fee $25 Waitlist Fee $53
Additional score reports $12 *(4 FREE score reports available during registration and up to nine days after the test date; any reports requested above the 4 free require an additional fee)*
COVID-19 updates and FAQs can be found on the College Board website at
If you have questions or concerns about your scheduled testing with College Board programs, please contact us as soon as possible. Given the high volume of inquiries, wait times may be longer than normal.
2021-2022 ACT Test Dates
2021-2022 ACT Dates & Information
THS School Code 447043
**If you qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch, you may receive a maximum of four testing fee waivers. Qualified students will need to contact Mrs. Nichols for their testing fee waiver. The waiver is used once you register, even if you do not test on the requested date. Questions? Please contact Mrs. Nichols at email@example.com **
To register, create an ACT account or login: https://my.act.org/account/signin?location=https://my.act.org
ACT + writing $85 ACT Fee (no writing) $60 Late Fee $36
Test Option Change $25 Test Center or Date Change $40 Standby Fee $57
Additional score reports $16 *(4 FREE score reports available during registration; any reports requested above the 4 free require an additional fee)*
COVID-19 updates and FAQs can be found on the ACT website at
SAT/ACT Registration Guide
- Be sure to write down your USERNAME and PASSWORD.
- Register with your PERSONAL email. Your school email blocks most outside emails, and you’ll miss important information.
- Many students already have a SAT (College Board) account created during PSAT or AP testing. Do not create another account!
- College Board Help Desk – 1(866)756-7346
- ACT Help Desk – 1(319)337-1270
- Double check the date and test location. THS is a test center for most dates; however, most CFISD and KISD high schools are test centers. You will find test center information when you register.
- Make sure you have a headshot photo of yourself saved to your desktop before you register.
If you are eligible for free/reduced lunch, you are eligible for testing fee waivers for the SAT and ACT. These students receive TWO fee waivers for the SAT and FOUR fee waivers for the ACT. SAT testing fee waivers will be automatically loaded to your College Board account. ACT testing fee waivers must be requested through the College and Career Counselor.
Students eligible for free/reduced lunch will also be eligible for college application fee waivers if the student uses OR is simply eligible for a testing fee waiver. Check the college/university website under admissions for more information on required documents and submission steps for application fee waivers,
College Board college application fee-waiver (CAFW) forms will be distributed electronically to students through the College Board account with no need for counselor verification. Eligible students will access their CAFWs via their College Board online account. There are no application fee waivers available through the ACT website. Not all colleges accept the College Board CAFW forms, but there are other application fee waivers available. If another option is available
For questions on testing or application fee waivers, see your College and Career Counselor.
Sending Official Score Reports
- Send your scores to 4 colleges for free. For the SAT, if you do not send them now or within 9 days of taking your test, you will have to pay to send them later. For ACT, requests must be made online before the test date, and additional over the four require an additional fee. Be smart… save $$$!
- If you are planning to play a sport in college, don’t forget to register with the NCAA (www.eligibilitycenter.org) and send at least one test score to 9999 (NCAA).
- If you plan to take dual credit classes and use the SAT/ACT to qualify, Lone Star College will require you to send an official score report from the testing agency.
Official test prep partner of the SAT
Research shows that studying on Official SAT Practice for 20 hours is associated with an average score gain of 115 points from the PSAT/NMSQT to the SAT—nearly double the average score gain compared to students who don't use Khan Academy.
FREE practice that is:
Personalized to you
Tailored practice plan for you based on a diagnostic or your SAT or PSAT/NMSQT® scores
8 full-length, real practice tests and content created in partnership with College Board
Thousands of practice questions, videos, lessons, and hints plus study and test-taking tips and strategies
Get constant feedback and progress so you know where you stand
Additional FREE SAT & ACT Prep Resources from your THS Library:
Things you’ll need on Test Day:
- Admission Ticket
- Picture ID
- Pencils (no mechanical)
- Water & snack
- Mask (check with testing agency)
College Board SAT Test Day Tips & Policies
ACT Test Day Checklist
Click here for a printable document of the SAT/ACT Test Date & Helpful Information
SAT vs ACT - How do I know which test is right for me? Check out the links below! Test Prep Resources Included