THIS IS BIG!!
Our amazing HARN (Houston Area Recruiters Network) got together to bring you a Q&A Session about the college admissions process, and more! Learn more about some college and universities, meet your local college admission representatives, and get answers to some questions that may be on your mind about applying to college in this unknown time. Upcoming seniors, YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS! Great advice, and tips from the representatives who are here for YOU! You're not in this alone, and we're all here to support you!
The session is just over an hour, but WELL worth your time! The questions discussed are below the representative contact information. Click the link below to get started!
Presenting Representative Contact Information
Questions for Q&A Session
- We’re not able to start taking the SAT and ACT again until late summer, so can I submit my application even if I haven’t tested?
- If I need to retest, will there be enough time to do this?
- If your college/university doesn’t have early action or early decision, when is a good time to apply to indicate to the college/university that they are at the top of my choice list?
- Will there be any adjustments made to admissions consideration since we were not able to finish our extracurricular activities this spring?
- What are some up and coming majors at your college/university? So many of my friends are majoring in business, engineering and nursing. I’m looking for something different.
- What are the top things colleges look for in applicants?
- What is your best advice on essays? Getting started? What college/universities are really looking for through essays?
- Looking for scholarships can be overwhelming, what is the best way to look for scholarships to apply to that come from the college/university?
- I’m a Tomball Star Academy student, and will receive my Associates degree from Lone Star College when I graduate. Will I apply as a first time freshman or transfer student?
- How many letters of recommendations are good to submit?
- What are some common mistakes that students make when they’re applying?
- Do I have to send everything at one time (application, transcript, test scores, letters of recommendation) or can I send the application, then send everything else?
- What are some of the fun traditions on your campus?
- How do you help incoming freshmen get acquainted on campus?
- Since we can’t visit campuses in person, how is the best way to approach a virtual visit?
Lone Star College is holding a virtual open house today around 4 pm! Don't miss out!